Coronavirus (COVID-19) Patient Letter Updated
Updated as of March 24, 2020
Dear valued patient,
In light of today’s “stay home, work safe" order that was issued for the City of Houston and Harris County to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to send an update on how this affects our practice. Retina Consultants of Houston is exempt from this order and our practice remains open.
Retina issues are often sight threatening and thus it is essential that we continue to care for our patients as long as it is permissible. Our offices are open, but we have implemented screening measures and safety precautions at all of our clinic locations in order to protect the health and safety or our patients, staff and community.
If you can answer “yes” to any questions below, we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Have you or anyone in the household had a fever within the past 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in the household experienced a recent onset of respiratory problems, such as cough or shortness of breath within the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your family traveled to a foreign country with documented COVID-19 transmission in the past 14 days?
- Have you or any member of your family come into contact with a patient with confirmed COVID-19 infection within the past 14 days?
If your condition is stable, non-emergent, or non-urgent, our team may be reaching out to you to reschedule your appointment to a later date for your safety.
For essential patient visits, upon arrival, a member of our team will take your temperature, provide you with a face mask and ask you to fill out the COVID-19 questionnaire adapted from the CDC. Please note that guests or family members will not be allowed in our clinic areas in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and minimize person to person contact.
During the current COVID-19 crisis, please consider the CDC’s recommended precautions before, during and after your visit:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Please note that we are asking our staff the same questions and are taking steps to make sure everyone at our offices are safe. We are closely monitoring the situation and are following the guidance and expertise of the Center for Disease Control and Infection (CDC), the City of Houston Health Department, Harris County Public Health, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS).
For more information on our coronavirus protocols, please visit our website at retinaconsultantstexas.com. If you need to reschedule your appointment or have further questions, please contact us at 713.524.3434.
As always, we strictly adhere to proper sterilization techniques and meticulous infection control protocols. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation as together we aim to protect one another.
Sincerely and with gratitude,
RCH Physicians and Staff