What to expect during your visit?
- Patient History – You will be asked about your general and eye health.
- Vision Testing – You will read from a chart to test your visual function.
- Tonometry – The pressure in your eyes will be measured.
- Dilation – Your pupils will be dilated. Dilation makes your pupils open wide, so the doctor can get a clear view of the inside of your eye. Dilation will make your eye sensitive to light and typically lasts up to 3 hours. Many patients prefer to bring someone to drive them to and from appointments.
- Eye Exam – Your doctor will perform a thorough examination of your eyes.
- Other Testing – Depending on your eye condition you may require additional testing.
How long will the appointment take?
- Patients who are visiting us for the first time can be in our office for a few hours as a series of diagnostic testing will be performed. Diagnostic tests will help the physician determine the diagnosis and proper treatment options.
- If you are coming in for a follow-up appointment, your office visit can last up to a couple hours depending on testing needed.
What to bring to your visit?
- Photo ID and Insurance Card(s)
- List of all health conditions and allergies
- List of all your medications and supplements
- List of questions and concerns about your eyes
- Please bring your glasses with you to your appointment.
**Please let us know if you will need an interpreter during your visit.